Music That Gets Me Moving
I NEED to listen to music when I run. Otherwise, I get distracted, or bored, and tired so much more easily. Music gets my blood flowing, my energy up, and my feet into a rhythm. The following songs get me particularly excited. I don’t know what it is exactly, but they seem to spark my runners high, when I hear them blasting through my headphones, while I’m pounding the pavement.
1. Kelly Clarkson – “Already Gone”: I think the reason that this song is so motivational for me is because it was the song that I was listening to the very first time I experienced runner’s high. Ever since, every time I hear it, that feeling kicks right back in.
2. LMFAO – “Yes”: It’s just got such a solid beat, and to be honest, it’s kind of inspiring. I really enjoy singing and attempting to dance along to this one while I run.
3. Hall & Oates – “You Make My Dreams”: No explanation required.
4. Kings of Leon – “Sex on Fire” and “Use Somebody”: These are just two really great songs that make me feel good. And when I feel good, I feel energized. And when I feel energized, I feel powerful. And when I feel powerful, I can run forever.
5. Eminem – “Lose Yourself”: This song has passion like the passion I have for running. Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted-One moment-Would you capture it, or just let it slip?
6. Justin Bieber – “Somebody to Love”: This is probably my all-time favourite song to run to. When my iPod delivers this beat, I always get way too excited, I turn up the volume way too high, and I immediately have way too much energy. I love it. Don’t hate on the Biebs. Honerable mentions also include JB’s “Baby” and “Never Say Never.”
7. Flo Rida – “Club Can’t Handle Me” ft. David Guetta: This summer gets me reminiscing about this past summer – which was an epic and exciting one. No work, just long, lazy days and late, crazy nights.This one’s a feel-gooder.
8. Katy Perry – “Teenage Dream”: I love love love this song. It’s another one that reminds me of the summertime. I also really like to sing along to this one. And fyi, when I say “sing along” I mean “mouth to myself silently while discreetly looking around to make sure no one notices me doing it.” Unless I’m alone, that is. In that case, I literally belt it out and dance, mostly with arm gestures, as my legs are kind of preoccupied.
9. Enrique Inglesias – “Heartbeat”: This song is beautiful. How much more inspirational can it get? Plus, the beat really gets me moving.
10. Natasha Bedingfield – “Strip Me”: This song is all about the lyrics… Everyday, I fight for all my future somethings. A thousand little awards, I have to choose between. I could spend a lifetime earning things that I don’t need. But that’s like chasing rainbows, and coming home empty. My life in a nutshell.
Well, now I feel inspired to go for a good, long run! BUT, today is my rest day – gotta let my body do it’s thing and recover properly each week! So, instead I’m heading to Spoons Diner for a massive Brunch 😀 Yum!